This
I Believe
I believe in
being able to believe in your self. It is a good trait to have, especially if
you want to succeed at many things in life. If I had not believed in myself, I
wouldn’t have been able to conquer all the challenges in my life to get me where
I am right now. Sadly some people
do not have the confidence in them selves to achieve what they desire and their
doubt prevents them from success.
When I was in fifth grade I became interested in
soccer. I would watch soccer with
my step dad and go to MLS games with my Parents and their friends. One of their friends worked at the MLS
so I got really good seats and could watch some of my favorite players in
action. At school, I started
playing with some of my friends. Everyone said I sucked at soccer but I wanted
to get better, no matter what they said. Every day, I would have to hear my
friends discourage me and every day I told them I would one day be better than
them. To accomplish this, I
started training with my step dad Mike. He would do drills with me and help me
with my skills. Eventually, I started to get better. I didn’t realize it until
I started playing games but I was finally good! I tried out for a soccer team
but even though I didn’t get on it, I still got put on their training camp. I
had finally achieved my first goal!
Even though I may have confidence in myself other people
don’t. I see a lot of people on the streets getting made fun of when they try there
hardest. It disturbs me. They
become defeated and loose interest in their dream. Even if they are your friends,
people shouldn't tease you. It discourages the person. People may not notice
this bullying happening but I see it happen all the time. It could be at
basketball game or even over discussing academic scores in the hall way or at
lunch in the park. It makes the person very self-conscious at what they do. When people are self-conscious they
don’t think of themselves, as they should. This could possibly damage their
pursuit of their dreams. So you
should always be able to believe in your self. We need to me more careful about what we say around friends
because one person’s success can mean that another person failed. Be aware of your friend’s dreams and support
them no matter what. They will
begin to believe if you believe in them.
I think everyone has a shot at his or her dream. There will
always be able to do it as long as they believe that they can. You should be
able to look at the obstacles in your way and say I can do this. I believe that
you need to believe in yourself no matter what.
Wow! Great essay and good topic too it makes everyone wanna read it, nice work!
ReplyDelete