Sunday, November 4, 2012

Diary of a Wimpy Kid #3

In the book Diary of a Wimpy Kid #3 Greg is the main character. Greg has a best friend named Rowley. Greg also has a brother named Rodrick. Rodrick is in a band named the loaded diapers. Rodrick likes to ruin Greg's social life. The rest of Greg's family is made up of his little brother named Manny, his a mother and father. Greg is very immature but can be very mature when he wants to.

Greg is very childlike. Greg is obsessed with getting a girlfriend specifically Holly Hills. When Rowley starts writing letters to Holly with no intention Greg becomes very jealous of Rowley. Also when Greg wants to get a good night sleep he will do anything like me to get it. He will sleep on top of the heater for heat. This shows all of his selfish and childish side.

When Greg  has to, he can become very mature and poised to be able to do something. When his dad was angry at him he did everything he could to make his dad proud of him. He joined the boy scouts and tried to do his best at it. He even felt bad about what he did.

This book is very funny and is easy to relate to. I think it would be good for people in middle school because thats when it takes place. Also I think it would be good for people with annoying siblings.  It teaches you how to deal with sibling rivalry and normal issues facing a teenager.

1 comment:

  1. Diary of a Wimpy Kid is one of my favorite books of all time. I like how it explains and shows what a 12-14 year old goes through during middle school. I like here how you let me get to know Greg and how his life around him is. If I hadn't read this book but still read your blog I would know exactly who Greg Heffley is. GREAT JOB! :)

    ReplyDelete