The boy dearly loves the tree and actually the boy came back to the tree even at a ripe old age. The tree loved the boy and gave the boy all of her resources. When the boy was young the tree gave him her apples. When the boy was adult the tree gave him her branches and trunk. When the boy was old the tree gave him the stump that she had left to sit on. All this while Shel Silverstein made it so the boy never forgot his roots.
All in all, I think the reader should pay more attention to the fact that the boy only came to the same tree every time. This book is an amazing book that I hold dear to my heart. I think more people should read this more often at this age.
Personally, i have never read the giving tree, but so many people tell me about it, so i feel as if i had read it myself. Your response made the book seem like something i should read, because its about the earth and stuff... anyways, i like the way you described the relationship between the tree and the boy
ReplyDeleteGabe, I really loved reading your response. I also read the giving tree when i was younger, and your response showed me some new views of the book. For example, as a kid i never noticed the fact that Silverstein was trying to relate the tree and the boy's relationship to family roots and remembering them. Great job! You even made me want to read it again.
ReplyDeleteThe giving tree is a great picture book, and you really analyzed it in a very nice way. You noticed deeper meanings within what was obvious, such as Siverstein relating the tree and the boy''s relationship with his family roots and remembering them. Great description and retell, but next time you should add a little bit more of your opinion, or your take, on the story.
ReplyDelete