Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Long Way Gone

In the book A Long Way Gone a boy named Ishmael is caught in the middle of a war. There is a Rebel Army  that is very evil and cruel. Ishmael lives with his mom in a small village. He visits his grandma and travels a lot. He lives in Africa. His life is full of fear but he still pushes on.

The Rebels could care less about other people. They shot a family and left only two survivors. The family were trying to escape being hostages. The kids were killed and all that was left was the mother and father. The Rebels take joy in other people's fear. When they captured Ishmael's village they shot in the air simply to scare the people.

The rebels are merciless and selfish. They use children to fight their war. They hunt down families and break them apart. They use violence to help achieve their goal. They want power and to them the only way to achieve this is through war.

I feel that nobody should ever have to live in fear especially a child. War is a very scary thing but resorting to the use of children to accomplish murder is cruel. I think that if the rebels do win the war they should be overthrown.  I have not finished to book but I hope Ishmael survives and gets to a safe place.

No comments:

Post a Comment